Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe memoir of one of the most recognizable contemporary artists in the world, a book filled with the biggest celebrities in twentieth-century sport, art, sexy dames, music, film, and more, by LeRoy Neiman, who was a principle contributor to Playboy for years, who covered the Playboy beat Man at His Leisure, who was chronicler and confidant of Muhammad Ali (and artist to all of sports!), and who was hailed as the man who defined a century in vibrating color.
- Author BiographyLeRoy Neiman, who passed away in June 2012, married fine art to popular art with his brilliantly colored, energetic depictions of sports, celebrities, America at play, life on safari, and locations from the White House lawn to a nudist colony on the Adriatic. Born in St. Paul, Minnesota, he left high school in 1942 to join the U.S. Army, returning four years later to obtain his high school degree. He then studied at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (where he taught for ten years), the University of Chicago, and the University of Illinois. Early in the 1950s he did fashion illustration for the department store of Carson, Pirie, Scott & Co., where he met Playboy founder Hugh Hefner in 1953. He lived in New York City, overlooking Central Park.
- Author(s)LeRoy Neiman
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight55 g
- Width178 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.