All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionAll the Difference is a riveting memoir about a conservative naval officer about to navigate marines to Vietnam who had an epiphany of conscience at Berkeley. A judge ordered Dan when five to leave his mother and live with his Dad, a naval officer who molds him for the military. A number of lumius childhood moments reveal that his Mom and Grandmother Ruthie planted seeds in Dan that were bound to sprout later. He began an intense reading campaign determined to find gratifying work that would motivate him for the rest of his life. The book is filled with creative images the writer developed from his love of nature, and powerful experiences, both deadly and humorous. The author places himself in real scenes in all his vulnerability as he faces conflicts, romance, and adventures that challenge his wits, strength, and determination. He finally rejected his father's plan for his life and found the road less traveled. Inspired to battle for civil rights, Dan becomes an ACLU attorney for Cesar Chavez's farm workers against some of America's most powerful forces. He shares illuminating experiences involving successes and failures while going from a military pawn to a champion for the poor and powerless, finally able to make a difference in many lives including his own.
- Author BiographyMy transformation from a child to an athlete, a Duke pre-ministerial student to an agnostic, a midshipman to a graduate from Annapolis in 1964 shaped my early life. Navigating a Navy jet until carrier qualified, and then a ship to Vietnam. I resigned, attended Hastings College of Law, turned peace activist, and became a civil rights lawyer for Cesar Chavez's UFW and ACLU. Now I am a retired civil rights attorney with thirty-four years of experience and an author of a memoir. My webpage link, www.danielclavery.com, contains memoir excerpts, other writing, poems, short stories, humor, songs, videos, and other media.
- Author(s)Daniel C Lavery
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.