All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough Prayer We Grasp Eternity All the Prayers of the Bible is mere recital of well-worn phrases--it is an outpouring of the heart to God. The passion and beauty of prayer, to say thing of its necessity and efficacy, are powerfully reflected in this remarkable devotional. Covering the vast sweep of biblical prayers, Dr. Herbert W. Lockyer t only summarizes them all, but also shows you what each book of the Bible reveals about prayer and its role in human life and history. A small sample of the kinds of prayer covered in this book includes: * Prayer in peril * Prayer and spiritual progress * Prayer without words * Prayer of fear * Prayer of gratitude * Prayer for understanding of affliction * Prayer as dialogue * Prayer of a grieved heart * Prayer of distress * Prayer for divine action Herbert W. Lockyer's All books give you life-enriching insights into the Bible. From characters you can learn from, to teachings you can apply, to promises you can stand on and prophecies you can count on, Lockyer's time-hored works help you wrap your mind around the Bible and get it into your heart. Lockyer's books include All the Apostles of the Bible, All the Divine Names and Titles in the Bible, All the Doctrines of the Bible, All the Men of the Bible, All the Women of the Bible, All the Messianic Prophecies of the Bible, All the Miracles of the Bible, All the Parables of the Bible, All the Prayers of the Bible, and All the Promises of the Bible.
- Author BiographyDr. Herbert Lockyer was born in London in 1886, and held pastorates in Scotland and England for 25 years before coming to the United States in 1935. In 1937 he received the honorary Doctor of Divinity degree from Northwestern Evangelical Seminary. In 1955 he returned to England where he lived for many years. He then returned to the United States where he continued to devote time to the writing ministry until his death in November of 1984. El Dr. Lockyer nacio en Londres y fue pastor alli por veinticinco anos antes de venir a los Estados Unidos en 1935. En 1937 recibio el titulo de Doctor en Divinidades del Northwestern Evangelical Seminary. Volvio a Inglaterra donde vivio por muchos anos hasta su regreso final a los Estados Unidos, donde continuo dedicado a escribir para el ministerio hasta su muerte en 1984.
- Author(s)Herbert Lockyer
- Date of Publication09/03/1990
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleAll: Lockyer S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 8
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight349 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.