All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.16
- AU $40.38Trending at AU $43.57
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.21
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.51
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.03
About this product
- DescriptionWINNER OF THE QWF FIRST BOOK PRIZE Alice Petersen writes as eloquently about the natural world as she does about the world of human emotion and desire. This is a wise and impressive collection of stories. --David Bezmozgis, author of The Free World Alice Petersen's All the Voices Cry is masterful and potent--incredibly satisfying for a reader. -- Kathleen Winter, author of Annabel An academic's wife, struggling to keep up with her husband's quest to find a long-dead author's Tahitian love-garden, realizes that her own idea of paradise longer includes her husband. An architect dreams of slender redheads, Champlain's astrolabe, and a brush with mortality--and finds at least the latter at Danseuses 7 Jours. An elderly man boards a trans-Pacific flight in an attempt to elude the prediction of a psychic, only to understand too late how the prophecy has shaped his actions. In All the Voices Cry, modern life collides with all the old pushes and pulls: city and country, the global and the local, the ideal and the real. Petersen's characters chase the mirage of escape, and are brought up hard by reality. This is a book rooted in landscape, tangled in the brambles of personal history, and it introduces in Alice Petersen a wondrous new voice that is yours to discover. Alice Petersen is a writer and critic whose work has been shortlisted for numerous Canadian prizes and awards. She was born in New Zealand and w lives and works in Montreal, Quebec.
- Author BiographyAlice Petersen is a writer and critic whose work has been shortlisted for the Journey Prize, the Canada Broadcast Corporation Literary Awards, and the Writers' Union of Canada Short Story Competition. She was born in New Zealand and now lives and works in Montreal.
- Author(s)Alice Petersen
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEmeryville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- Weight199 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.