All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWith more and more people heading into the winter backcountry on skis, swshoes, and swmobiles, avalanche safety is of paramount importance. Allen & Mike's Really Cool Avalanche Safety Book distills the sometimes overly technical information of sw science into a user-friendly format with helpful illustrations and easy-to-understand text. With years of experience as NOLS instructors to draw on, Allen O'Bann and Mike Clelland team up to give winter recreationists the information they need to stay safe in the backcountry, including how to prepare for your trip, proper equipment and how to use it, swpack assessment, choosing safe travel routes, decision making, and rescue scenarios. Written for both aspriring winter backcountry travelers and experts alike, this book is a must-read for anybody who loves to experience the solitude and beauty of the swy mountains.
- Author BiographyLongtime NOLS instructor Allen O'Bannon is on the board of directors of the American Institute for Avalanche Rersearch and Education (AIARE). Mike Clelland is a NOLS instructor and illustrator. Their other books include Allen & Mike's Really Cool Backcountry Ski Book and Allen & Mike's Really Cool Telemark Tips.
- Author(s)Allen O'Bannon,Mike Clelland
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/12/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleAllen & Mike's Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight12 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.