All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing up on the phemenal success of their backcountry ski and backpacking books, Allen O'Bann and Mike Clelland here provide a thoroughly revised and updated edition of their likewise popular Allen & Mike's Really Cool Telemark Tips, which first appeared in 1998. For anyone who's ever yearned to master the subtleties of the telemark turn, this book includes more than 120 clear, concise telemark tips complemented by often hilarious and always helpful illustrations. For beginners and experts alike, it is a must for tele-skiers who really want to shred. In the decade since the original publication of Allen & Mike's Really Cool Telemark Tips, telemark skiing has evolved ermously. It's entered a modern era, and this new edition reflects the new gear, the new teaching, and the new style of tele-skiing.
- Author BiographyAllen O'Bannon grew up in Portland, Oregon and first learned to ski on the sloped of Mount Hood. In the mid-80s he made not only a transition to the mountains of the west, but also to a pair of freeheel bindings. Allen has worked for the National Outdoor Leadership School since 1987 and is a senior instructor in the NOLS winter program. Unable to find a real job, he turned to writing this book to support his ski habit. He currently resides for part of the year in Victor, Idaho.Mike Clelland never went to Art School, studying Mad Magazine instead. Mike grew up in the flat plains of Michigan, then spent ten years (as a Yuppie!) in New York City. In 1987 he thought it might be fun to be a ski bum in Wyoming for the winter. Unfortunately, after living and skiing in the Rockies, he found it quite impossible to return to his previous life in the Big City. Mike is presently living in a shed in Idaho where he divides his time between illustrator and NOLS instructor.
- Author(s)Allen O'Bannon
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication13/09/2008
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Series TitleAllen & Mike's Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Out-of-print date02/08/2011
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight18 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mike Clelland
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $18.25Trending at AU $21.79
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.