Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionAllergy, Immunity and Tolerance in Early Childhood: The First Steps of the Atopic March provides valuable insights on the atopic diseases, including asthma, allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis, and food allergies, which have developed into major health problems in most parts of the world. As the natural history of these chronic diseases has been extensively studied, including their major genetic, environmental, and lifestyle determinants and potential protective factors, the book presents tactics on how pediatric allergists can provide early intervention. In addition, the book unites key, global experts in the field who summarize their collective, and current, kwledge of the early stage of the Atopic March , along with vel ideas for potential options of prevention.
- Author Biography1970 Graduation at University of Heidelberg, MD-thesis 1971 - 1972 Postdoc at German Cancer Research Institute, Heidelberg 1972 - 1978 Clinical Training for Pediatrics and Allergology at University Children's Hospital Heidelberg 1978 - 1979 Research Fellow at National Institutes of Health (Clinical Immunology Section) in Bethesda, USA 1979 - 1981 University Children's Hospital, Heidelberg Habilitation (Member of the Faculty) Heidelberg, Senior Staff, Member at Children's Hospital Ruhr-University Bochum 1986 - 1998 Professor for Pediatric Pneumology and Immunology (C3) at Children's Hospital of Free University Berlin, Chief of Pediatric Pneumology Department, Chest Clinic Heckeshorn 1998 - 2012 Chair and Head of the department fur Pediatric Pneumology and Immunology (C4), Charite, Berlin Functions: 2003 - 2005 President of the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2003 - 2007 Associate Editor: European Respiratory Journal 2003 - 2009 Fachkollegiat of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft 2010 - 2012 Labor Berlin, Director for Allergy and Immunology From 2010 Chief Editor: Pediatric Allergy and Immunology (PAI) Publications: 450 original papers in peer reviewed journals, 30 books/book chapters Hugh A Sampson, MD, is the Kurt Hirschhorn Professor of Pediatrics, the Dean for Translational Biomedical Sciences, PI and Director of Conduits; Institutes for Translational Sciences (CTSA), and the Director of the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City. Dr. Sampson completed his allergy/immunology fellowship training at Duke University in 1980 and was a faculty member in the Division of Allergy/Immunology at Duke University and then Johns Hopkins University before coming to Mount Sinai. Dr. Sampson's research interests have focused primarily on food allergic disorders including the immunopathogenic role of food hypersensitivity in atopic dermatitis and anaphylaxis, characterization of food allergens, and improved diagnostic tests and immunotherapeutic strategies for treating food allergies. Dr. Sampson is the PI of the NIH-sponsored Consortium on Food Allergy Research and an AADCRC program project conducting a number of clinical trials investigating novel therapies for the treatment of food allergy and investigating basic immunologic mechanisms associated with desensitization and the eventual development of tolerance. He has published over 400 articles and 60 book chapters on food allergic disorders and co-edited four books, and was elected to membership in the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies in 2003 for his research in food allergies. Dr. Sampson is past chairman of the Section on Allergy & Immunology of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the past-president of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight820 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byHugh A. Sampson,Ulrich Wahn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.