All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCollectively kwn as the alloimmune cytopenias, hemolytic disease of the fetus and newborn, alloimmune thrombocytopenia and alloimmune neutropenia are all consequences of maternal immunisation to fetal blood cells. The effective prevention, diagsis and management of these disorders has become a team effort involving haematologists, obstetricians, paediatricians, immulogists, laboratory technicians, midwives and research scientists. This book has been written by experts in their respective fields to bring together the issues of pathogenesis, epidemiology, prevention, diagsis and clinical management. This comprehensive but accessible account is extensively cross-referenced to emphasise the links between pathogenesis and clinical sequelae, between epidemiology and the rationale for screening programmes, and between diagsis and therapeutic intervention. This is an authoritative overview suitable for trainees in obstetrics, mater-fetal medicine, transfusion medicine and clinical immulogy.
- Author BiographyDr Andrew Hadley is Division Manager at the International Blood Group Reference Laboratory, and Senior Scientist at the Bristol Institute for Transfusion Sciences, University of Bristol. Professor Peter Soothill is Professor of Maternal and Fetal Medicine in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Michael's Hospital and University of Bristol.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note24 b/w illus. 35 tables
- Weight812 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAndrew Hadley,Peter Soothill
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.