All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHeady spices, creamy tahini, tender lamb, fragrant rosewater and fresh, salty cheeses. Enter the exotic world of Syrian cooking. Sharon Salloum, co-owner and chef of Almond Bar restaurant in Sydney, was brought up in a traditional Syrian household, where a steady stream of friends and family were welcomed with generous offerings of food and drink. Helping in the kitchen, Sharon learnt to cook from an early age, and developed a strong sense of pride in her Syrian heritage. In this stunning collection, Sharon shares over 100 classic and contemporary recipes, including black hummus, pumpkin kibbeh, almond-crusted scallops, sour cherry kebab balls, fig sorbet and semolina fudge. Let Sharon's natural warmth entice you to gather your favourite people around you and enjoy a taste of Syria.
- Author BiographyAustralian-born Sharon Salloum learnt to cook authentic Syrian food from her mother and aunts. With an instinct for hospitality but no formal training, Sharon taught herself to run a commercial kitchen, and in 2007 she and her sister Carol opened their successful Almond Bar restaurant in Darlinghurst. Sharon is an active member of Sydney's food community and is passionate about the artistry of Middle Eastern food, participating in food tours and television series such as Food Safari on SBS. Almond Bar is her first cookbook.
- Author(s)Sharon Salloum
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationCamberwell
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Weight845 g
- Width215 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.