CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.53
- AU $50.00Trending at AU $70.59
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.38
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.79
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.23
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionIn the transsexual life in the 1970's, passing is de rigor. Anyone that the police can detect will be arrested. Betty Jo is young, pretty, infatuated with the city and wants to embrace life and love with a nice guy. Her obstacle is that, yes, she was once a boy. Betty Jo survives the disasters that follow every girl of her type with cheerful determination. Her men are sometimes less than husband material. Her perspectives as she moves from childhood to adulthood, surgery and beyond to love are often comic, sometimes insightful if slightly skewed. Her San Francisco trans friends and neighborhood are colorful and exotic. Can Betty become a 'real' woman or at least an 'almost' woman? It seems at last that hope is in vain, but then Betty meets Keith... a 'gets what he wants' kind of man with a keen desire for her. His love, assertive hunger and wry humor guide Betty onto a path of self-acceptance. 'Almost' is a truthful, sharp, witty and optimistic romp through the vagaries of a shadow life in the 1970's. About the Author: Lettie Zeste lives in New York City. When t writing or teaching, Lettie enjoys attending performances of opera, ballet and the like.
- Author BiographyLettie Zeste has written in the young adult and romance genres. This is her first Trans novel.
- Author(s)Lettie Zeste
- PublisherQuillwort Books
- Date of Publication16/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuillwort Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.