All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionTravelling in West Africa by public transport, Sihle Khumalo turned a wish list into an itinerary. The plans for his trip were lean on practical detail, but grand in concept: Visit five World Heritage Sites listed by UNESCO for their historical and cultural significance. Having never set foot in Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Benin or Togo, Sihle planned to inform himself about Francophone Africa as he went along. Had he pondered the implications of t speaking French in a part of the world where it is the lingua franca, or what the public transport might be like in this part of the world, he might have set off less bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. But Sihle is t one to be deterred by setbacks and dead ends. His flexibility, irrepressible optimism and robust sense of humour, coupled with an unexpected sensitivity towards his host countries, see him reach all his goals - or almost.
- Author BiographySihle Khumalo is the best-selling author of Dark Continent My Black Arse and Heart of Africa. Shorter pieces by him appeared in uMama and Cheesecutters and Gymslips, and he has contributed to a number of travel magazines. In 2011, Sihle was selected as one of Destiny magazine's Top 40 South Africans under the age of 40 who are destined for greatness. Born in Nqutu in rural KwaZulu-Natal, he was educated at Natal Technikon (now Durban University of Technology) and the Wits Business School. He is married and has two children. He currently lives in Johannesburg where he works for a property development company.
- Author(s)Sihle Khumalo
- PublisherRandom House (Pty) Ltd South Africa
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Weight349 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.