Aloe Vera: Nature's Silent Healer by Alasdair Barcroft, Audun Myskja (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.05Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.30Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Alasdair Barcroft's third book on the subject of aloe vera and he believes the aloe vera topic will run and run as more and more people, both lay people and professional healthcare specialists and therapists alike, begin fully to understand the powerful healing and health-giving properties of this amazing plant. He believes that 'we are still scratching the surface' in terms of aloe vera's vast potential. Aloe vera has been around for over 4,000 years - it has stood the test of time - and it still continues to confound and very often baffle the medical profession and scientific researchers with its complex, silent actions, potent properties and powerful healing benefits. Aloe vera truly is nature's silent healer. Aloe vera has been kwn for its wide-ranging healing properties for over 4,000 years, but it is only in the last few decades that scientists have really begun both to realise and understand the ermous scope of this amazing plant's actions and benefits. Medical practitioners, vets, dentists, therapists, nutritionists and many others involved in healthcare throughout the world are finally realising that the anecdotal evidence of the powers of this ancient plant th
- Author BiographyIn 1995, Alasdair Barcroft established the Aloe Vera Centre - a London-based distribution and retail mail order business supplying natural health products. The background to how and why he did this are explained within this book and are a fascinating insight as to how a personal experience can change one's career and life path. His life and career are now firmly focused on and around his family and working with other people all over the world to help them achieve the enormous potential that he believes exists within all of us but is often hampered by a lack of opportunity and vision or entrenched views, beliefs and prejudices in society. He and his family now have an international business with one of the world's leading network marketing companies, which is also the largest grower and producer of aloe vera and beehive products. He feels that this association has, in his words, 'set us free to develop our lives and our lifestyle in the way that we want'...'and everyone, wherever they live and whatever their background, should have a chance to do the same'. Audun Myskja qualified as a medical doctor and has worked in both general practice and as a hospital doctor. His career has encompassed not only allopathic medicine (since 1981) but he has also gained considerable recognition in Norway and other countries for his work in a number of complementary therapies. He has qualifications in herbal medicine, energy medicine and flower remedy treatment, and has practised complementary and herbal medicine for nearly thirty years. He teaches and lectures on medical music therapy at universities in Oslo, Bergen and Sandane and for the Norwegian Medical Association (NMA). He has been awarded two prizes by the NMA for his work on music therapy in the Norwegian health service. He has been at the forefront of the development and use of music in geriatrics and palliative care in Norway. He is also a leading teacher and lecturer on symptom relief, terminal care and complementary medicine at the Norwegian Academies of Advanced Nursing in Oslo, Bergen and Drammen. He was Chief of Staff at a large hospice in Oslo and a consultant to the Norwegian Cancer Association on complementary therapies and terminal care. He was also engaged in a cancer research project at the Norwegian Cancer Hospital on music therapy and relaxation as support measures in advanced breast cancer. He and his wife, Reidun (an aromatherapist and reflexologist) also run the Norwegian Aloe Vera Centre and a private medical and natural health clinic in Oslo. Audun Myskja often lectures on complementary medicines, herbal remedies and natural therapies and is also a prolific author and has had over 100 articles and papers on complementary therapies and palliative care published in newspapers and periodicals. His published books include: Den musiske medisin (Musical Medicine - Sound and Music in Medicine, 1999 and 2000); Flower Remedies for Growth and Healing (2000); Aloe Vera - naturens skattkammer (Aloe Vera - Nature's Treasure Chest, 2001).
- Author(s)Alasdair Barcroft,Audun Myskja
- Date of Publication25/09/2003
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8pp full colour illus, graphs and digrams
- Weight780 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Foreword byTom Reynolds
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.