What we think of today as Aloha or Aloha-Reedville in Washington County, Oregon, was once a collection of small villages that developed near rivers and established overland routes. Bridgeport, later Farmington on the Tualatin River, was settled in 1845. Nearby, homesteads emerged along the lower slope of Cooper Mountain and the Plains-Falls Road, an official route of the territorial government of Oregon. The 1850s donation land claim era brought additional settlement and increased agricultural production. Throughout the 1860s, farmers and entrepreneurs scrambled for an effective means of transporting surplus products for export from the prolific Tualatin Valley to Portland, San Francisco, and beyond. A railroad line, completed in 1872, established Reedville as a commercial center, and by the early 1900s, passenger depots were built at Huber, Tobias, and Aloha on the interurban Red Electric railway. Today, the suburban community of Aloha, once part of Oregon s oldest agricultural centers, maintains a significant role in the development of the Portland metropolitan region.