All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew thoroughfares offer as rich a history as Louisiana s River Road between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. In this third edition of her extremely popular guide, Along the River Road, Mary Ann Sternberg provides a revised introduction, new images, and updated information on sites and attractions as well as tales and local lore about favorite and overlooked destinations. Featuring background information about the area and a detailed guided tour upriver on the east bank and downriver along the west the book gives an overview of the River Road, serving as an accessible and definitive companion to exploring the corridor. Sternberg s abiding appreciation of the area s allure garnered over twenty years of visiting produces a must-have travel companion to a place that far exceeds its common reputation as only a parade of elegant antebellum mansions. In this new edition, she again encourages travelers to experience the many treasures of this wondrous byway for themselves, seeing how much it has changed over the last decade.
- Author BiographyMary Ann Sternberg is the author of River Road Rambler: A Curious Traveler along Louisiana s Historic Byway and Winding through Time: The Forgotten History and Present-Day Peril of Bayou Manchac. She lives in Baton Rouge and has a lasting delight in exploring the world.
- Author(s)Mary Ann Sternberg
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statement3rd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.