All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first English-language guide to the epic new 750-km hiking route through the mountains of Austria, Slovenia and Italy, from the foot of the Grossglockner (at 3,798m, the highest peak in Austria and the Eastern Alps) to Muggia near Trieste on the Adriatic coast. Detailed maps and route descriptions for all 43 stages of the route are included, with a clear breakdown of time, distance and ascent for each stage. Published in a small, handy-sized format which is easy to pack and carry, it is written by an expert who has authored over half a dozen hiking guides and who specialises in Eastern and Central Europe. He has been a regular visitor to the borderlands of Slovenia, Austria and Italy for over 15 years, as well as living for two years in neighbouring Croatia. The Alpe-Adria route is well marked, relatively easy to walk and is suitable for hikers of all abilities as well as families - a point which is emphasised in the guide. The route takes in spectacular, unspoilt mountain scenery, alpine lakes, rolling coastal hills, beautiful villages and several national parks and nature reserves. An introduction covering the history, wildlife, flora and geography of the area is included, along with accommodation details for each stage and information on local public transport, culture, food and language.
- Author BiographyRudolf Abraham is an award-winning travel writer and photographer specialising in Eastern and Central Europe. He has been a regular visitor to the borderlands of Slovenia, Austria and Italy for over 15 years, and lived for two years in neighbouring Croatia. He is the author of more than half a dozen hiking guides (including the first English language guidebooks to hiking in Croatia and Montenegro) as well as several other books, and has contributed to many more, including several books on art and architecture. His work is published widely in magazines.
- Author(s)Rudolf Abraham
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Width120 mm
- Height1800 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.