All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionAlsi, by Chilean velist and poet Pedro Prado, is unquestionably the highest expression of the philosophical and psychological tendency in the Spanish-American narrative. Some critics have classified it as a fairy tale, others as an allegory, and still others as a work of transcendental symbolism. The enduring value of Alsi is reflected clearly in the author's wise blending of the vel's mythological content (evocative of the Icarus legend) and the setting's essential reality (Chile's and the author's rural South). The vel's bi-level nature and the poetry of its prose have long joined to attract readers at all levels and to ensure its endurance as a classic in Spanish America.
- Author BiographyThe Translator: Guillermo I. Castillo-Feliu is Professor of Modern Languages at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina. He received his Ph.D. from Michigan State University and is the author of several books currently being used in language courses at the college and high school levels in the United States and abroad. He has previously translated and published two collections of short stories by Peruvian Clemente Palma, Malevolent Tales (Cuentos malevolos) and Malignant Tales (Historietas malignas), and continues to work in that field.
- Author(s)Pedro Prado
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1995
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 22: Latin American Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight460 g
- Translated byGuillermo I Castillo-Feliu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.