Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book dedicated to the presentation of the latest research on selected issues associated with type 1 diabetes. The authors are well-kwn professors of Polish medical universities who published numerous scientific papers. Type 1 diabetes is the predominant form of diabetes in young people. It is an autoimmune disease which is particularly aggressive in small children. It is also a pandemic illness characterised by autoimmune, genetic and metabolic abrmalities. It concerns mainly children and young people, and therefore is a condition the patient will have to struggle with for many years hence. This is why it is extremely important to maintain maximum metabolic compensation to delay the occurrence of chronic complications which are an issue t only for the patient, but also for the society as a whole, as they involve a considerable financial burden. At present, we can observe the development of great advances in the treatment of this form of diabetes. Modern insulin preparations have been introduced as well as improved methods of glucose monitoring and insulin delivery. New ways to delay the autoimmune processes are being studied and implemented. It is becoming more and more realistic to create the artificial pancreas , which should greatly facilitate the achievement of rmal metabolic control. In the long term, a possibility may exist to completely cure diabetes. A wide dissemination of kwledge concerning the latest research on type 1 diabetes is extremely important among patients and, above all, among medical practitioners. This book is to serve as an approximation of the latest kwledge for physicians who take care of patients with diabetes on a daily basis.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight652 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byE Otto-Buczkowska
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.