Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes and analyzes all available alternating projection methods for solving the general problem of finding a point in the intersection of several given sets belonging to a Hilbert space. For each method the authors describe and analyze convergence, speed of convergence, acceleration techniques, stopping criteria, and applications. Different types of algorithms and applications are studied for subspaces, linear varieties, and general convex sets. The authors also unify these algorithms into a common theoretical framework. Alternating Projection Methods is a comprehensive and accessible source of information, providing readers with the theoretical and practical aspects of the most relevant alternating projection methods. It features several acceleration techniques for every method it presents and analyzes, including schemes that cant be found in other books. It also provides full descriptions of several important mathematical problems and specific applications for which the alternating projection methods represent an efficient option. Examples and problems that illustrate this material are also included.
- Author BiographyRene Escalante is a professor in the Department of Scientific Computing and Statistics and Center for Research CESMa at Universidad Simon Bolivar, Venezuela. Marcos Raydan is a professor in the Department of Scientific Computing and Statistics at Universidad Simon Bolivar, and also in the Scientific Computing Research Center (CCCT) at Universidad Central de Venezuela.
- Author(s)Marcos Raydan,Rene Escalante
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- Series TitleFundamentals of Algorithms
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.