Alternative Protein Sources in Aquaculture Diets by Taylor & Francis Inc (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $236.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $209.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique resource that describes the ingredients included in an aquaculture diet, species profiles, processing methods, impacts to environment and industry, and more! Aquaculture is and will remain a major food producing sector in the future. To become more efficient and successful in the aquaculture industry, operations need to provide good nutrition. Alternative Protein Sources in Aquaculture Diets is a unique source describing the ingredients included in fish and crustacean diets, their nutrient compositions, species profiles, suitability for species, processing methods, and impacts of alternative ingredients on the environment and to the aquaculture industry. World-rewned nutritionists and feed techlogists explore practical ways for the aquaculture industry to expand and remain competitive, and discuss ways to develop less expensive alternative sources or protein. Diet costs take up a huge chunk of operating expenditures, with fish meal being one of the most expensive ingredients in the aquaculture diet. Alternative Protein Sources in Aquaculture Diets provides detailed kwledge on the use of alternative plant and animal protein sources, offering opportunities to either partially or completely replace fish meal. This comprehensive, up-to-date text discusses the most widely used ingredients as well as various previously under-utilized ingredients which could be of significant potential in the future. The book is extensively referenced and includes numerous helpful tables to clearly present data. Topics discussed in Alternative Protein Sources in Aquaculture Diets (for finfish and crustacean species) include: * farmed fish diet requirements * reduction of waste through diet formulation * poultry by-product meal * meat packing by-products * soybean protein foodstuffs * cottonseed meal * lupins * unconventional plant protein supplements * and much, much more! Alternative Protein Sources in Aquaculture Diets is an essential resource for aquaculturists, nutritionists, feed formulators, feed mill operators, extension specialists, fish farmers and producers, ingredient suppliers, and policymakers.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication14/02/2008
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight952 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byCarl D. Webster,Cheng-Sheng Lee,Chhorn Lim
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.