All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Hind, author of many technical articles for ABTT Update in the UK and Protocol from ESTA (USA) amalgamates his expertise in his first full-length book Aluminium Structures in the Entertainment Industry. The title aims to educate the reader in all aspects of the design and safe usage of temporary and permanent aluminium structures specific to the entertainment industry - such as roof structures, PA towers, temporary staging etc. It places emphasis on the safety aspects and focuses on prevention rather than cure of problems and shows many working examples of the engineering calculations required to design safe structures. Examples are quoted in metric and imperial measurements in order to appeal to readers on both sides of the Atlantic. As a qualified structural engineer, the author has seen the use of aluminium structures mushroom over the years, and many of these are w so complex that they need to be treated with same degree of professionalism as permanent buildings. Peter Hind's title covers a diversity of topics including the science of load assessment, factors of safety and elementary structural theory as well as providing practical examples from popular concert tours and other entertainment situations. Aluminium Structures in the Entertainment Industry will have a wide appeal and is of particular interest to riggers, users, owners and anyone about to purchase, or involved in the maintenance of trusses, towers and other aluminium structures. To date it is the only publication on the subject, and the title is set to become the standard reference work in its field.
- Author BiographyPeter Hind is structural engineer for Birmingham UK based Total Fabrications Ltd and is responsible for all the engineering design for a variety of aluminium products from small trusses to major roof top structures. Structures also include PA towers, roofing, and video screen supports for major concert productions world-wide. Prior to joining Total Fabrications, he was a partner at M.A. Richards and Partners of London, where he designed and supervised retail and warehouse, office and residential developments, including road-widening schemes and footbridges. His work with Richards also involved structural engineering responsibilities such as demountable roof systems for major concert tours including Genesis, David Bowie, Madonna, Wet Wet Wet, Simply Red, Paul McCartney, Take That, and Eric Clapton. For Carter Clack Partnership, he designed and supervised brake pressed steel system buildings, both single and double storey, and several commercial and residential new-build and refurbishment projects. For Peter Fraenkel and Partners, he was responsible for the definition of the operating limits of jetties at Nigg Oil Terminal and assisted with the design of Gas Jetty at Orka Voe. Earlier his responsibility was for the construction of an aircraft hangar at Tigwall airport. Other work for Peter Fraenkel included slope stability analysis for the Shahin to Tai Po Express Way in Hong Kong, two 30m high 24m diameter post tensioned cement silos for Lamma Island in Hong Kong, the design and testing of a hydraulic model of Breydon Bridge for Wimpey Laboratories, and the construction of a new slipway and winch house on Fair Isle in the Shetlands.
- Author(s)Peter Hind
- PublisherCambridge Media Group
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEntertainment Technology Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Height210 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.