Always a Winner: Finding Your Competitive Advantage in an Up and Down Economy by Peter Navarro (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn much the same way that Good to Great uncovered hitherto hidden secrets of highly successful companies, Navarro's Always a Winner uses extensive research to reveal the overriding importance of learning how to forecast and strategically manage the business cycle for competitive advantage. In doing so, this book provocatively explores a critical aspect of successful management virtually untapped by the existing strategy literature. -Dan DiMicco, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Nucor Steel Always a Winne r is an important and timely guide to thriving in challenging ecomic times. Prof. Navarro deftly bridges the academic and business communities, showing corporate leaders how to read ecomic tea-leaves to anticipate business cycles. His Master Cyclist credo offers many practical tips and real-world case studies for steering companies through turbulent ecomic seas. -Mark Greene, Ph.D, Chief Executive Officer, FICO (Fair Isaac Corp.) Navarro's Always a Winner shows why forecasting the ecomy with a ruler can be lethal for corporate executives and money managers. He demonstrates how to skillfully anticipate the ups and downs of the ecomy and successfully navigate through them. The current ecomic crisis clearly demonstrates why this book is so important to have on your bookshelf. -Mark Zandi, Chief Ecomist and Cofounder of Moody's Ecomy.com Always a Winner is required reading for every entrepreneur, money manager, and independent investor hoping to outperform the market and retire one day. -Mark T. Brookshire, Founder of StockTrak.com and WallStreetSurvivor.com Navarro's wealth of real world examples will show you how to make both ecomic recessions and recoveries invaluable allies in executing competitive corporate strategies. A must read! - L aksh m an A chu t han, Managing Director, Ecomic Cycle Research Institute Why recessions are far more dangerous than any 10 competitors Most companies make a lot of money during ecomic expansions-and lose a lot of money during recessions. That is the way it has always been. That is the way it need t always be. This book will show you how to always be a winner over the course of the entire business cycle-t just when ecomic times are good. To do this job, this book will arm you with all the strategies and tactics and forecasting tools you will need to profitably manage your organization through the business cycle seasons-from the best of boom times to the worst of recessionary times. In this book, you will learn to Forecast movements and key recessionary turning points in the business cycle Implement a set of powerful battle-tested strategies over the course of the business cycle Rebuild your organization with a strategic business cycle orientation and thereby make it much more recession-resistant and resilient over the longer term The forecasting tools and management strategies revealed in this book have been developed over the last five years by the author-the world's leading expert on managing the business cycle for competitive advantage. By learning to strategically manage the business cycle, your organization will be able to create a powerful competitive and sustainable advantage over its rivals and thereby find the grail sought by every executive team in the world-superior financial performance. In this way, Always a Winner provides you with the in-depth insight and practical advice you need to help your company survive and thrive in the increasingly risky conditions of the 21st century.
- Author Biography<b>PETER NAVARRO, PHD, </b> is the accomplished author of the bestselling <i>The Coming China Wars</i>, the path-breaking <i>The Well-Timed Strategy</i>, and the investment classic <i>If It's Raining in Brazil, Buy Starbucks</i>. He is a Professor at the Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine, and a regular CNBC contributor. Professor Navarro has been featured on <i>60 Minutes</i>, and his articles have appeared in a wide range of publications, from <i>BusinessWeek</i>, the <i>Los Angeles Times</i>, <i>New York Times</i>, and <i>Wall Street Journal</i> to the <i>Harvard Business Review</i>, the <i>MIT Sloan Management Review</i>, and the <i>Journal of Business.</i> His free weekly investment newsletter is published at www.peternavarro.com.
- Author(s)Peter Navarro
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width162 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.