All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionChildhood obesity in the United States has tripled in a generation.But while debates continue over the content of school lunches and the dangers of fast food, we are just beginning to recognize the full extent of the long-term physical, psychological, and social problems that overweight children will endure throughout their lives. Most dramatically, children today have a shorter life expectancy than their parents, something never beforeseen in the course of human history. They will face more chronic illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes that will further burden our healthcare system. Here, authors Jacob Warren and K. Bryant Smalley examine the full effects of childhood obesity and offer the provocative message that being overweight in youth is t a disease but the result of poor lifestyle choices. Theirs is a clarion call for parents to have the talk with their kids, which medical professionals say is a harder topicto addressthan sex or drugs. Urgent, timely, and authoritative, Always the Fat Kid delivers a message our society can longer igre.
- Author BiographyJacob C. Warren, PhD and K. Bryant Smalley, PhD, PsyDare the co-executive directors of the Rural Health Research Institute at Georgia Southern University. They have published numerous scientific articles on health behaviors, social influences on mental health, and the impact of obesity on children.
- Author(s)Jacob Warren,K. Bryant Smalley
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight434 g
- Width163 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.