Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.89Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionHe's faced his own execution, been fingered as an assassin, and had guns jammed to his stomach and head. John Scully's remarkable career as a television journalist has taken him to seventy countries and enabled him to create award-winning news stories and documentaries for such giants as the British Broadcasting Corporation and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.In this extraordinary memoir, Scully argues with terrorists in the Middle East, dodges landmines in Africa, bribes the Vatican, and travels with Evangelical Christians on a bizarre mission to Jonestown. From Vietnam to Beirut to the present troubles in Iraq, Scully examines terrorism, its roots, and its reasons as he tries to answer the question, who is a terrorist?. But Scully digs even deeper, exploring the disastrous effects of colonialism from the Russians in Chechnya to the British in India and the United States in Iraq.Dramatic, deeply insightful, and often hilarious, Am I Dead Yet? A Journalist's Perspective on Terrorism points out just how little Americans have learned from history.
- Author BiographyJohn Scully has been a journalist for almost fifty years and has covered stories in seventy countries for major international news and current affairs organizations such as the BBC, CBC, and CTV. He lives in rural Ontario.
- Author(s)John Scully
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width168 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.