Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionWhen problems crop up, we need solutions. When something needs to be improved, or made more efficient, we need invative ideas and positive action. Take inspiration from some of the world s most celebrated engineers whose inspirational life stories are celebrated in this new collection from Amazing People Worldwide(r). Find out how Charles Babbage invented the first computer and discover the man behind the invention. Make the connection between Peter Henlein s pocket watch invention and the wristwatches of today. Marvel at the incredible accomplishments of Isambard Kingdom Brunel, whose invations helped solve many longstanding engineering problems. Discover the genius of Alexander Graham Bell, whose invention of the telephone changed our world forever. Each story comes alive through BioViews(r). A BioView(r) is a short biographical story, similar to an interview, about an amazing person. These stories offer an inspirational way of learning about people who made major contributions to our world. The unique format and flow enables each person s story to come alive, as if it is being personally told to you, and reflects their interests, emotions and passions.
- Author BiographyEducational psychologist and entrepreneur, <b>Dr Charles Margerison</b>, created the concept for the Amazing People series during a visit to Stratford-upon-Avon, when he wondered what Shakespeare might say if he was interviewed about his life achievements. The series now features the stories of over 500 amazing people. As well as working in educational institutions for many years, Dr Margerison has consulted widely for global organizations. He was previously Professor of Management at Cranfield University, UK, and the University of Queensland, Australia. The author of numerous books, Dr Margerison is a member of the Royal Institution and the Royal Society of Literature.
- Author(s)Charles Margerison
- PublisherAmazing People Worldwide
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Series TitleAmazing People Worldwide - Inspirational Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmazing People Worldwide
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.