All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.81Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrate Christmas with the joyous poetry of the incomparable Maya Angelou. Angelou s beautiful, moving, and beloved poem, which she first read at the 2005 White House tree-lighting ceremony, w comes alive as a fully illustrated children s book, celebrating the promise of peace in the holiday season. In this simple story, a family joins with their community rich and poor, black and white, Christian, Muslim, and Jew to celebrate the holidays. This special package includes an audio CD of the author reading the poem aloud.
- Author BiographyMaya Angelou (1928 2014) was one of the most celebrated and distinguished voices of our time. She was an inspiring renaissance woman poet, writer, performer, teacher, and director. In addition to her bestselling and internationally acclaimed autobiographies, beginning with <i>I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings</i>, she wrote five poetry collections, five books of essays, two cookbooks, and the celebrated poem On the Pulse of Morning, which she read at the inauguration of President William Jefferson Clinton. Dr. Angelou was the recipient of three Grammys, the National Medal of Arts, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and more than fifty honorary degrees. Learn more at mayaangelou.com. Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher have collaborated on many award-winning and <i>New York Times </i>bestselling picture books. Their titles include <i>My Many Colored Days</i>, <i></i>by Dr. Seuss; <i>New York s Bravest</i>, <i></i>by Mary Pope Osborne; <i>The Velveteen Rabbit</i>, <i></i>by Margery Williams, adapted by Lou Fancher; <i>The Cheese</i>, <i></i>by Margie Palatini; <i>The Boy on Fairfield Street</i>, <i></i>by Kathleen Krull; and <i>Star Climbing</i>, by Lou Fancher. <i>School Library Journal</i> has called their work luminous. You can visit them at johnsonandfancher.com.
- Author(s)Maya Angelou
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication07/11/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchwartz & Wade
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width267 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.