Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
About this product
- DescriptionSlipstream is a new generation of reading resources specifically designed for struggling and reluctant readers. Through exciting and carefully levelled texts, Slipstream enables readers to accelerate their reading experience. This book is part of Slipstream LEVEL 2. The 350-word text is levelled for readers with a reading age of 7-9, but its engaging content makes it perfect for a wide range of older readers too. All texts are levelled by reading experts Dee Reid and Diana Bentley. Do you kw about Arbor the painting dog? Or about the man who has a pet buffalo? What about a slimy pet banana slug? No? Then find out in Amazing Pets - filled with facts about some of the most extreme pets.
- Author BiographyI write short books for short children and longer books for longer people. I've been writing fiction and non-fiction for young people, and non-fiction since the last millennium - luckily, the end of the last millennium and I'm not even nearly 1000 years old. I particularly enjoy reading and writing stories with a bit of a twist and, for older readers, an element of horror. I definitely have a Gothic streak. Writers I really admire include Minnie Gray, Oliver Jeffers, Shaun Tan, Edward Gorey, Tove Jansson, Marcus Sedgwick, Siobhan Dowd and Melvin Burgess. I love being a writer because (a) it gives me the chance to be enthusiastic about things and share my enthusiasm with other people (b) I get paid for telling lies and (c) I don't have to do as I'm told, unlike people with a real job. I like to listen to music when I'm writing, and usually pick a few pieces of music that go with each book and listen to them again and again - most of them are opera. Although I spend most of my time writing, I also spend some helping other people with their own writing - mostly young people, who are doing a degree at university. This is great fun as I get to read lots of stories by writers who are just starting. I live in Cambridge, which is a very ancient city in the east of England with lots of ornate and pointy buildings. It's very flat in Cambridge, so it's easy to go everywhere by bicycle, but it's also rather wet. If I could live anywhere at all, it would probably be in Venice, which is also flat, ancient and full of pointy buildings. It's even wetter than Cambridge, and people go everywhere by boat.
- Author(s)Anne Rooney
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication24/07/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleEdge: Slipstream Non-Fiction
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Content Notecolour photography
- Weight264 g
- Width182 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.