Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $54.05
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.25
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.23
About this product
- DescriptionA VISUAL APPROACH TO ENRICH UNDERSTANDINGWritten and designed with the wider spectrum of students in mind, Amazing Science delivers a simple, highly engaging learning experience. Visually attractive in nature,Amazing Science introduces students to key scientific terms whilst relating them to their day-to-day lives.Key features of the Student book + obook assess:Magazine-style format, attractive to visual learnersOne spread = one concept, succinctly linked to the curriculumSupports the transition from Primary to Secondary learningWritten by experienced science educators and authors who understand the challenges of mixed-ability classrooms and are up-to-date with the latest researchEach chapter is made up of highly engaging spreads with content succinctly linked to the curriculum and questions to check understandingProject-based to encourage students to conduct their own research projectsContent written to engage students with science and to spark curiosity'Ask a scientist' feature boxes in every Student Book introduce students to young and dynamic Australian scientists from CSIRO, universities and research agencies. These features explain how current research is furthering scientific kwledge. They are supported by video interviews and worksheets.
- Author BiographyPaul Holper is an experienced science educator and communicator, former secondary school teacher and VCE exam panel member. During 25 years at CSIRO, he held a number of senior positions, including managing the Australian Climate Change Science Program, the nation's largest such research activity. Prior to that he was Communication Manager for CSIRO Atmospheric Research. Paul now runs his own science and environment communication consulting business. He holds an honours degree in chemistry and qualifications in science communication and education. He has written 20 science books for children and for adults, including 14 with Simon Torok.Simon Torok has worked in science education and communication for 20 years, holding positions as editor of children's science magazines and manager of climate change communication. He has a PhD in Earth Sciences from the University of Melbourne and a Graduate Diploma in Science Communication from the Australian National University. He has written and published more than 150 newspaper, magazine and scientific journal articles. With Paul Holper, he has co-authored 14 popular books on science and climate change, published by ABC Books and CSIRO Publishing.
- Author(s)Paul Holper,Simon Torok
- PublisherOxford University Press Australia
- Date of Publication09/09/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectUnclassifiable: Child or adult
- Series TitleAmazing Science
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintOUP Australia and New Zealand
- Weight540 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.