All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionWhether guarding our interests in Washington during sensitive talks on free trade, acid rain and the environment, fighting Apartheid in South Africa, witnessing the Communist revolution in China, or representing this country to the United Nations, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, or the Vatican, Canadian ambassadors are the eyes, ears and voice of Canada on the world stage.In this insightful, candid, and at times humorous look at the role and many responsibilities of the men and women in our foreign service, nineteen Canadian ambassadors - (high commissioners in Commonwealth countries) - reflect on the diplomacy required, the clash of cultures, and occasionally dangerous conditions encountered in the service of their country.Canadian interests in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Caribbean, as well as other parts of the globe are also discussed, whether they are political or trade related, have to do with foreign aid, culture, immigration, security, or peace-keeping, as well as a host of other worldwide concerns.So too, is the role played by our foreign service in offering assistance to Canadians travelling or working in foreign countries.
- Author BiographyDavid C. Reece was educated at the University of Manitoba and Cambridge University. He served his country in the Royal Canadian Navy and in ten postings with Canada's foreign service, five of them as ambassador or high commissioner, and one as minister and deputy representative to the United Nations. David is the author of A Rich Broth: Memoirs of a Canadian Diplomat, and was the organizer, editor and contributor to Special Trust and Confidence: Envoy Essays in Canadian Diplomacy.
- Author(s)David Chalmer Reece
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width162 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.