All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionAt the age of twelve, Estelle Garcia was hit by a car while crossing the street. Her medulla oblongata (the part of her brain that controls breathing) suffered irreparable damage, but her life was saved thanks to her aunt Lacey's daring contribution: a computer chip that replaced the damaged portions of her brain. Igred by her parents and silent at school, Estelle grows hostile to the world around her, all the while exploring her penchant for music. She starts singing first in choir, then on the streets, and finally in The Incident, a televised competition. She befriends quirky violin prodigy Jake and spunky fellow contestant Minjung, and manages to bring in eugh money to help support Lacey as she looks for a job. But Estelle must still face her most fearsome opponent: Keira Hansen, Jake's sister and a member of Estelle's choir. Estelle thinks Keira is boring and vapid; Keira just wants to step out of her brother's shadow. And as the fight to impress the show's executives grows bitter, Estelle may have more than just singing to worry about.
- Author BiographyIn kindergarten, Aisa Lafosse peppered her family's measuring chart with names of the characters floating around in her head. In seventh grade, she realized that writing was what she wanted to do with her life. Now that she finally managed to write something passable, she decided to try publishing it, and the rest is history. (Not yet. Maybe. At least, she hopes so.) A junior in high school, Lafosse lives with her parents in Federal Way, Washington, but soon hopes to move out and live anywhere with sunshine and good Chinese food. Her hobbies include drawing, singing, baking, taking long, hot showers, and trying to get enough sleep. She is currently working on a graphic novel, in which a cocky, brash middle-schooler is kidnapped and taken to a mysterious place where magic is real and a deadly plague threatens to destroy its inhabitants.
- Author(s)Aisa Lafosse
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.