All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShe died mysteriously before she was forty. Yet in the last decade of her life Amelia Earhart soared from obscurity to fame as the best-kwn female aviator in the world. She set record after record - among them, the first trans-Atlantic solo flight by a woman, a flight that launched Earhart on a double career as a fighter for women's rights and a tireless crusader (perhaps the most efective activist of her time) for commercial air travel. Doris L. Rich's exhaustively researched biography downplays the What Happened to Amelia Earhart? myth by disclosing who Amelia Earhart really was: a woman of three centuries, born in the nineteenth, pioneering in the twentieth, and advocating ideals and dreams relevant to the twenty-first.
- Author BiographyDoris L. Rich's varied career as a reporter, writer, photographer, and teacher has taken her all over the world, from Michigan to Guam, Korea, Shanghai, Bangladesh, and Africa. She is also the author of Queen Bess: Daredevil Aviator (Smithsonian, 1993).
- Author(s)Doris L. Rich
- PublisherSmithsonian Books
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmithsonian Books
- Content Note15ill.
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.