All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 19 November 2013 to 6 April 2014, the Fondation Cartier pour lart contemporain will be showing America Latina 1960-2013, organized in collaboration with the Amparo Museum in Puebla (Mexico). The exhibition offers a new perspective on Latin American photography from 1960 to today, focusing on the relationship between text and the photographic image. Bringing together more than seventy artists from eleven different countries, it shows the great diversity of photographic practices by presenting the work of documentary photographers as well as that of contemporary artists who appropriate the medium in different ways. This catalogue of the exhibition offers a vast parama of the artistic production of the last fifty years. Including over 400 black-and-white and color reproductions, it explores the wealth of photographic work while shedding light on the historical and artistic context that spawned it. In addition to scholarly texts and artist bios, descriptions of works and a detailed timeline provide a deeper understanding of the visual languages specific to the continent. Chronicling the vital legacy of Latin American artists, the book shows the scope of their influence beyond their cultural and geographical territory.
- Author(s)Luis Camnitzer,Olivier Compagnon
- PublisherFondation Cartier pour l'art contemporain
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintFondation Cartier pour l'art contemporain
- Weight1740 g
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.