All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionAn enthralling account of the conflicting experiences of discovering the New World, drawing upon the intriguing tales of early discovery and amazing illustrations of the day. The authors invoke the unique exhilaration of exploration, investigating the conflict between the ambitious idealism and harsh realities that have always characterized and torn the country. After all, did people t go to America in search of both the Garden of Eden and the tribes of the damned?
- Author BiographyJorge Magasich Airola is Professor of Latin American History at the Institut des Hautes Etudes des Communications Sociales (HECS) in Brussels. Marc de Beer is Professor at the Institut de Radio electricite et de Cinematographie (INRACI) in Brussels. David Abulafia is Professor of Mediterranean History at the University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Jean-Marc De Beer,Jorge Magasich-Airola
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Series TitleAnthem Studies in Travel
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note60+ halftone photographs
- Weight454 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byDavid S. H. Abulafia
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.