All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn this breathtakingly beautiful book, excerpts from Pablo Neruda's Canto General are illustrated by powerful drawings from Oswaldo Guayasamn. The two bring to life the battles, defeats, victories and heroes of Latin America's history of resistance. After their paths crossed in Mexico, the Chilean poet and Ecuadoran painter developed a lifelong friendship based on mutual admiration, profound affection and political solidarity. With English and Spanish text throughout, this book by two of Latin America's most beloved artists is a captivating and beautiful gift book.
- Author BiographyPablo Neruda is one of Latin America's best-loved poets, his most famous work being the epic poem Canto General. Born in Chile, and widely respected for his outspoken political views, he died only days after the coup against the popularly elected Allende government in September 1973. Oswaldo Guayasamin is generally considered Diego Rivera's successor as Latin America's most prominent artist. Deemed an expressionist, and with evident indigenous roots, the humanist spirit of Oswaldo Guayasamins work reflects the pain and misery endured by much of humanity during the last century but at the same time he conveys a sense of human dignity and great tenderness. He died in 1999.
- Author(s)Oswaldo Guayasamin,Pablo Neruda
- PublisherOcean Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintOcean Press
- Content Note96
- Weight989 g
- Width245 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.