Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionAmerica Votes has been the nation's most trusted source for authoritative information on U.S. election cycles for over fifty years. Thorough, extensive in scope, and meticulously researched, America Votes 26 includes official, state-certified election returns by county and by district for the House, Senate and gubernatorial elections for the 2003-2004 election cycle, including key data on the 2004 presidential election. Each state-focused chapter includes comprehensive election results, including: * Popular votes by county (Presidential, Senate, and Gubernatorial), and district (House); * Summary of votes for primary elections and third party candidates; * Special elections or appointments in 2003 and 2004; * Map with county and district boundaries; * List of all office holders serving in 2005-2006. Informative background data for each state and national summaries and overviews provide added context. Just like earlier editions, this 26th edition of America Votes is an essential acquisition for university, school, public, and professional libraries that want to provide their patrons with the best source on U.S. elections.
- Author BiographyAlice V. McGillivray was a longtime associate at the Elections Research Center and a coauthor of the America at the Polls series in the 1980s and later until her death in 1995. Richard M. Scammon, who died in April 2001, was widely considered America's most prominent elections expert during a long career as a government official, adviser to presidents, and analyst of voting trends and developments. He served in the State Department, as Census Bureau director under President John F. Kennedy, as chairman of the Presidential Commission on Regulation and Voting Participation in 1963 and 1964, and as an international election observer. He established the Elections Research Center in Washington, D.C., for voting analysis and publication of the America Votes series. Rhodes Cook is a veteran Washington political analyst and writer, covering presidential and congressional elections as well as voting trends in general. For more than two decades, he was a political reporter on CQ's Weekly magazine. He currently hosts the political website rhodescook.com, publishes a bimonthly political newsletter, and since 1996 has been the author of America Votes and a series on U.S. primary elections.
- Author(s)Alice V. McGillivray,Rhodes Cook,Richard M. Scammon
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/10/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Press
- Weight1371 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.