Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing primarily on politics and foreign policy, America at War Since 1945 analyzes America's involvement in three wars since the end of World War II: Korea, Vietnam, and the Gulf War. The main questions asked are: How did the U.S. become involved in these wars? How were the wars conducted? And how did the U.S. get out of these wars? In Korea and Vietnam, the U.S. fought to show the world that it would stand up to the evils of communism; that it could be counted on (with money, advisors, or even a major military effort if necessary) to halt the advance of communism. But in both wars, the U.S. showed itself to be militarily vulnerable. The Gulf War-against tyranny, t communism-restored the U.S. to its position of prominence in the world, reaffirming its role as a world leader and a defender of freedom.
- Author BiographyGARY A. DONALDSON teaches at Xavier University in New Orleans, where he is Associate Professor of History. His first book The History of African Americans in the Military, was published in 1990.
- Author(s)Gary A. Donaldson
- Date of Publication13/09/1996
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight523 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.