All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe first volume of America at the Polls covers elections from Warren G. Harding's landslide in 1920 through Dwight D. Eisenhower's second term. The front section contains national summary tables of the state-by-state and Electoral College vote for each election. A chapter for each state follows, beginning with a summary of the statewide vote and Electoral College, a county outline map, and the county-by-county details of each election. Sizable votes for third party candicates are also provided, as are summaries of presidential elections.
- Author BiographyAlice V. McGillivray was a longtime associate at the Elections Research Center and a coauthor of the America at the Polls series in the 1980s and later until her death in 1995. Richard M. Scammon, who died in April 2001, was widely considered America's most prominent elections expert during a long career as a government official, adviser to presidents, and analyst of voting trends and developments. He served in the State Department, as Census Bureau director under President John F. Kennedy, as chairman of the Presidential Commission on Regulation and Voting Participation in 1963 and 1964, and as an international election observer. He established the Elections Research Center in Washington, D.C., for voting analysis and publication of the America Votes series. Rhodes Cook is a veteran Washington political analyst and writer, covering presidential and congressional elections as well as voting trends in general. For more than two decades, he was a political reporter on CQ's Weekly magazine. He currently hosts the political website rhodescook.com, publishes a bimonthly political newsletter, and since 1996 has been the author of America Votes and a series on U.S. primary elections.
- Author(s)Alice V. McGillivray,Rhodes Cook,Richard M. Scammon
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1994
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight2457 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine55 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.