All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.71Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionAmerica Throne is living the good life in L.A. Her career is sprouting, and she is in love -- with Jasper Husch, a sexy-sultry artist from San Fran. But just as soon as they've realized domestic bliss, Jasper has a change of heart, and America falters on the slippery slope of hope: hoping that he will come back, hoping that new sex will erase all evidence of him, and hoping that in nurturing a truce with her dead father she will make peace with all men. America's trip from self-destruction to wholeness is a romp on the wilder shores of the West Coast. From a dodgy therapist to a silent retreat, America Throne's aha moment culminates with, While we are all busy swimming upstream, the universe is conspiring to take us to something better. In <i>America the Beautiful, </i> Moon Zappa has taken the broken-heart story and given it a twist all her own through the emotional honesty and edginess of America Throne. Hailed as brilliant (<i>Sunday Telegraph Magazine</i>), <i>America the Beautiful</i> is the debut of an unforgettable and unfaltering new voice.
- Author Biography<b>Moon Unit Zappa</b> is the daughter of legendary composer Frank Zappa. She won The Aspen Comedy Award for Best Alternative Comic and has written for <i>Details</i> and <i>Harper's Bazaar.</i> She lives in L.A.
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight389 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.