American Basses: An Illustrated History & Player's Guide by Jim Roberts (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.48+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican Basses profiles the leading builders of bass guitars in the U.S. and illustrates the tremendous range of instruments currently available, as well as providing invaluable playing and maintenance tips from top builders. It begins with an introductory essay covering the invention and development of the bass guitar, focusing on such milestones as the introduction of the Fender bass, the proliferation of bass guitars in the 1960s, the development of the first Alembic bass, and the ongoing refinement of the instrument, as expressed in extended-range basses and high-end custom instruments. The main body of the book is a series of alphabetical listings, from A Basses to Zon, each offering essential information about the work of a bass builder or manufacturer, plus tips on set-up and playing for each instrument. Each profile is illustrated by colour photos.
- Author BiographyJim Roberts, author of How the Fender Bass Changed the World, and founding editor of Bass Player magazine, lives in Ithaca, NY, and has been playing bass since 1970.
- Author(s)Jim Roberts
- PublisherBackbeat Books
- Date of Publication19/06/2003
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Out-of-print date24/01/2012
- Content Note200 colour photographs
- Weight709 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.