All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.73Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.23
About this product
- DescriptionWe were exposed to these phemena in order that we might learn something, but of course the lessons we learn are t always what was intended. So begins Matthew Garth's stor of the fall of 1962, when the shooting of a young woman on Thanksgiving Day sets off a chain of unsettling evens in Willow Falls, Minnesota. Matthew first sees Louisa Lindahl in Dr. Dunbar's home office, and at the time her bullet wound makes nearly as strong an impression as her unclothed body. Fueled over the following weeks by his feverish desire for this mysterious woman and a deep longing for the comfort and affluence that appears to surround the Dunbars, Matthew finds himself drawn into a vortex of greet, manipulation, and ultimately betrayal.
- Author BiographyLarry Watson is the author of seven widely-acclaimed novels, including the best-selling Montana 1948, which was awarded the Milkweed National Fiction Prize, a Best Book citation by the American Library Association, short-listed for IMPAC Dublin International Award, and published in ten foreign editions. He lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with his family.
- Author(s)Larry Watson
- PublisherMilkweed Editions
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMilkweed Editions
- Weight285 g
- Width133 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.