All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps the most influential arm of either army in the prosecution of the American Civil War, the artillery of both sides grew to be highly professional organizations, centralizing their artillery, organizing artillery battalions from individual batteries and giving their commanders higher ranks than field artillerymen had previously held. In battle, the introduction of the 12-pdr. Napoieon, followed closely by rifled cann, provided a range and power previously unkwn on American soil. This book details this vital cog in the war-machine of both sides.
- Author BiographyTony Bryan is a freelance illustrator of many years experience after initially qualifying in Engineering and working for a number of years in Military Research and Development. Tony has a keen ineterest in military hardware - armour, small arms, aircraft and ships - and has produced many illustrations for partworks, magazines and books, including a number of titles in the New Vanguard series. Philip Katcher lives and works in Pennsylvania USA, and has written over 20 titles in the Men-at-Arms Series including the highly successful five-volume set on Ameries of the American Civil War.
- Author(s)Philip Katcher
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/01/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey New Vanguard S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.38
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note13 colour and 39 b&w illustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tony Bryan
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.15
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.75Trending at AU $39.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.