All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe American Civil War was one of the last wars in which generals often led from the front, risking death at the head of their men. It was a war of larger-than-life characters, generals who earned colourful reputations and strong opinions among their soldiers and colleagues. This book outlines the careers and characters - and illustrates the appearance, in their authentic uniforms - of famous Union commanders who fought in the Western theatre of operations, including Grant, Kilpatrick, Sherman, Wilson, McPherson and nearly 20 more.
- Author BiographyPhilip Katcher lives and works in Pennsylvania USA, and has written over 20 titles in the Men-at-Arms Series including the highly successful five-volume set on Armies of the American Civil War. Richard Hook was born in 1938 and trained at Reigate College of Art. After national service he became art editor of the much-praised magazine Finding Out during the 1960s. He has worked as a freelance illustrator ever since, earning an international reputation particularly for his deep knowledge of Native American material culture; and has illustrated more than 30 Osprey titles. Richard is married and lives in Sussex.
- Author(s)Philip Katcher
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/03/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleElite
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.89
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note55 b&w and 8 colour illustrations
- Weight212 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Richard Hook
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.85Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.