Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionJoel Spring's American Education provides a clear, concise introduction to the historical, political, social, and legal foundations of education and to the profession of teaching in the United States. Students will come away with a strong kwledge of the forces behind the shaping of the American educational system through connecting with the latest topics, issues, and data.
- Author BiographyJoel Spring received his Ph.D. in educational policy studies from the University of Wisconsin. He is currently a Professor at Queens College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. His great-great-grandfather was the first Principal Chief of the Choctaw Nation in Indian Territory and his grandfather, Joel S. Spring, was a local district chief at the time Indian Territory became Oklahoma. He currently teaches at Queens College of the City University of New York. His major research interests are history of education, multicultural education, Native American culture, the politics of education, global education, and human rights education. He is the author of over twenty books and the most recent are How Educational Ideologies are Shaping Global Society; Education and the Rise of the Global Economy; The Universal Right to Education: Justification, Definition, and Guidelines; Globalization and Educational Rights; and Educating the Consumer Citizen: A History of the Marriage of Schools, Advertising, and Media.
- Author(s)Joel Spring
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleB&B Education
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Weight415 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement16th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.