All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.77Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionFor Avery Cullins -- library archivist, former teenage runaway, and gay man from a small Southern town -- family means a live-in boyfriend and a surly turtle. But when his father, a rewned nuclear physicist, commits suicide, Avery's decade-long estrangement from his mother, w hobbled following a stroke, comes to a skidding halt. With his boyfriend's help, Avery takes custody of his mother and the trio heads cross country in a rented U-Haul, back to an apartment in Cleveland and an uncertain future. Their journey soon becomes a pilgrimage into the past when Avery begins sifting through his mother's mementos. What emerges is a story of family, love, and loss as his parents made a home, lost a child, and tested the boundaries of marital love in the 1970s. Meanwhile, in today's uncertain social landscape, Avery must confront his own struggle with a mother who doesn't recognise him and a lover who seeks to claim him for his own.
- Author BiographyBrandon Wicks studied creative writing at George Mason University, where he received his M.F.A. He serves as an associate editor for SmokeLong Quarterly and teaches at the Community College of Philadelphia. This is his first novel.
- Author(s)Brandon Wicks
- PublisherSanta Fe Writer's Project
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSanta Fe
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSanta Fe Writer's Project
- Weight400 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.