Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis popular brief edition text maintains the framework of the Wilson, DiIulio, and Bose complete text, emphasizing the historical development of the American political system, who governs, and to what ends. Completely up to date, AMERICAN GOVERNMENT: BRIEF VERSION, 11E, International Edition offers new coverage of such key and emerging issues as the 2012 campaigns and elections; leadership of President Obama and the 112th Congress; the ecomic downturn and ensuing policies; healthcare reform; foreign relations with North Korea and Iran; the war in Afghanistan; and more.
- Author BiographyJohn J. DiIulio, Jr. is a Professor of Political Science at the University of Pennsylvania and has won each of Penn's most prestigious teaching awards. He was previously Professor of Politics and Public Affairs at Princeton University. He received his PhD in Political Science from Harvard University. He has been a senior fellow and directed research programs at several leading think tanks including the Brookings Institution and has won awards from the Association of Public Policy Analysis and Management, the American Political Science Association, and other bodies. He has advised presidential candidates in both parties, served on bipartisan government reform commissions, and worked as a senior staff member in the White House. James Q. Wilson most recently taught at Boston College and Pepperdine University. He was Professor Emeritus of Management and Public Administration at UCLA and was previously Shattuck Professor of Government at Harvard University. He wrote more than a dozen books on the subjects of public policy, bureaucracy, and political philosophy. He was president of the American Political Science Association (APSA), and he is the only political scientist to win three of the four lifetime achievement awards presented by the APSA. He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian award, in 2003. Professor Wilson passed away in March of 2012 after battling cancer. His work helped shape the field of political science in the United States. His many years of service to this textbook remain evident on every page and will continue for many editions to come. Meena Bose is executive dean for public policy and public service programs in the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs at Hofstra University. She also is director of Hofstra's Peter S. Kalikow Center for the Study of the American Presidency. She received her Ph.D. in 1996 from Princeton University. Dr. Bose teaches courses on the American presidency, presidential leadership and policy making, and American politics. She is the author or editor of several volumes in presidency studies and American politics. She taught for six years at the United States Military Academy at West Point.
- Author(s)James Q. Wilson,John J. DiIulio,Meena Bose
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight690 g
- Width187 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 11th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.