American Government: Myths and Realities by Professor Robert L Dudley, Professor Melvin J Dubnick, Professor of Political Science and Former Assistant Provost and Chair of the Department of Political Science Alan R Gitelson (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $162.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionWhat the typical introductory-level student kws about American government and politics is often based on common myths that distort the reality of the political world. Rather than dismissing those myths as outright falsehoods, American Government: Myths and Realities, 2014 Election Edition, encourages students to confront their preconceived tions in order to think critically about government and politics. Clearly and distinctively woven into each chapter, the myths-and-realities theme provides a pedagogical framework that engages students with interesting conundrums while effectively covering the core concepts of American government. FEATURES * Stunning full-color visuals and updated graphs and charts * Full coverage of the 2014 midterm elections and Supreme Court decisions * Updated throughout to address such issues as public opinion and political participation, the media, and civil liberties and civil rights (w covered in two separate chapters) * -Policy Connection- features at the end of each chapter present domestic and foreign policy content * -Asked & Answered- features employ a question-and-answer format in order to examine various political issues * -Politics & Popular Culture- features, available online at www.oup.com/gitelson, demonstrate how music, movies, television, and books reflect and impact the way that Americans think about government and politics
- Author BiographyAlan R. Gitelson is Professor of Political Science and former Assistant Provost and Chair of the Department Political Science at Loyola University. Robert L. Dudley is Professor of Government and Politics, School of Policy, Government, and International Affairs (SPGIA) at George Mason University. Melvin J. Dubnick is Professor of Political Science at the University of New Hampshire and Professor Emeritus at Rutgers University.
- Author(s)Professor Melvin J Dubnick,Professor Robert L Dudley,Professor of Political Science and Former Assistant Provost and Chair of the Department of Political Science Alan R Gitelson
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width190 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.