All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $10.51Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
About this product
- DescriptionAMERICAN GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS TODAY is kwn nationwide for its balanced, unbiased, and up-to-date coverage of constitutional, governmental, political, social, and ecomic structures and their processes. It encourages readers to experience the excitement that comes with being an active, engaged, and informed citizen and provides them the tools they need to get involved. The 2015-2016 edition's updates include in-depth coverage of the midterm 2014 elections. This version has separate policy chapters.
- Author BiographyLynne E. Ford is Associate Provost for Curriculum and Academic Administration and professor of political science at the College of Charleston in Charleston, South Carolina. She received her B.A. from The Pennsylvania State University and her M.A. and Ph.D. in government and political behavior from the University of Maryland-College Park. Ford's teaching and research interests include women and politics, elections and voting behavior, political psychology, and civic engagement. She has written articles on women in state legislatures, the under-representation of women in political office in the American South, and work-family policy in the United States. She also has co-authored Declarations of Independence: Women and Political Power in 19th Century American Novels; Thinking About Public Policy; Public Opinion: Measuring the American Mind; and American Government and Politics Today. Mack C. Shelley, II is a professor of political science and statistics at Iowa State University. After receiving his bachelor's degree from American University in Washington, DC, he went on to graduate studies at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, where he received a master's degree in economics and a Ph.D. in political science. He arrived at Iowa State in 1979. From 1993 to 2002, he served as elected co-editor of the Policy Studies Journal. Shelley has also published numerous articles, books, and monographs on public policy, including The Permanent Majority: The Conservative Coalition in the United States Congress; Biotechnology And The Research Enterprise: A Guide to the Literature (with William F. Woodman and Brian J. Reichel); American Public Policy: The Contemporary Agenda (with Steven G. Koven and Bert E. Swanson); and Quality Research in Literacy and Science Education: International Perspectives and Gold Standards (with Larry Yore and Brian Hand). Steffen W. Schmidt is a professor of political science at Iowa State University. He grew up in Colombia, South America, and has studied in Colombia, Switzerland, and France. He has a B.A. from Rollins College and obtained his Ph.D. from Columbia University, New York, in public law and government. Dr. Schmidt has published 14 books and over 130 articles in scholarly journals and is the recipient of numerous prestigious teaching prizes, including the Amoco Award for Lifetime Career Achievement in Teaching and the Teacher of the Year award. He is a pioneer in the use of web-based and real-time video courses and is a member of the American Political Science Association's section on Computers and Multimedia. He is known as Dr. Politics for his extensive commentary on U.S. politics in U.S. and international media. He is a weekly blogger for Gannett, and comments on CNN en Espa?ol and Univision, as well as WNYC, New York. Dr. Schmidt is on Facebook (Steffen W Schmidt) and Twitter (DrPolitics). Barbara A. Bardes is professor emerita of political science at the University of Cincinnati. She received her B.A. and M.A. from Kent State University and her Ph.D. from the University of Cincinnati. She served as a faculty member in political science and dean of Mundelein College at Loyola University of Chicago. In 1993, she was appointed dean of Raymond Walters College of the University of Cincinnati, where she served until 2003. She returned to the political science department where she held the position of graduate director before retiring. Bardes has written articles on public and foreign policy, and women and politics. She also has co-authored Declarations of Independence: Women and Political Power in 19th Century American Novels; Thinking About Public Policy; Public Opinion: Measuring the American Mind; and American Government and Politics Today.
- Author(s)Barbara Bardes,Lynne Ford,Mack Shelley,Steffen Schmidt
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Weight1247 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
- Edition Statement17th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.