Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to Professor Wallenfeldt, if higher education is to serve the needs of a broad range of people, a communication must be developed that relates special interests to essential realities. The book assesses special interests in American society, and the influences on higher education of corporate power, militarization, racism, sexism, and overquantification. External and internal governance of colleges and universities is thoroughly examined as are the role of state, federal, and private funding of higher education; business and financial management of that funding; institutional advancement in the form of communications, athletics, fundraising, and alumni relations; accreditation and interinstitutional cooperation; the public service function of the university; and the planning for and evaluation of the university.
- Author Biographyllenfeldt /f E. /i C.
- Author(s)E. C. Wallenfeldt
- Date of Publication19/05/1983
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleContributions to the Study of Education
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 9
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight428 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.