American Horizons: U.S. History in a Global Context, Volume II: Since 1865 by Associate Professor of History and the Director of the Rosenfield Program Sarah J Purcell, Of Arts and Sciences Professor of Distinction of History and International Affairs Robert Schulzinger, Associate Professor and Chair of History John Bezis-Selfa, Eberly Professor of Civil War Studies Aaron Sheehan-Dean, Associate Professor of History Andrew Kirk, Associate Professor and Chair Department of History Janette Thomas Greenwood, Regents Professor of History Michael Schaller (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $126.24+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- Description<em>American Horizons</em>, Second Edition, is the only U.S. History survey text that presents the traditional narrative in a global context. The authors use the frequent movement of people, goods, and ideas into, out of, and within America's borders as a framework. This unique approach provides a fully integrated global perspective that seamlessly contextualizes American events within the wider world. The authors, all acclaimed scholars in their specialties, use their individual strengths to provide students with a balanced and inclusive account of U.S. history. Presented in two volumes for maximum flexibility, <em>American Horizons</em>, Second Edition, illustrates the relevance of U.S. history to American students by centering on the matrix of issues that dominate their lives. These touchstone themes include population movements and growth, the evolving definition of citizenship, cultural change and continuity, people's relationship to and impact upon the environment, political and ideological contests and their consequences, and Americans' five centuries of engagement with regional, national, and global institutions, forces, and events. In addition, this beautifully designed, full-color book features hundreds of photos and images and more than 100 maps.
- Author Biography<strong>Michael Schaller</strong>, University of Arizona <strong>Robert Schulzinger</strong>, University of Colorado Boulder <strong>John Bezis-Selfa</strong>, Wheaton College <strong>Janette Thomas Greenwood</strong>, Clark University <strong>Andrew Kirk</strong>, University of Nevada Las Vegas <strong>Sarah J. Purcell</strong>, Grinnell College <strong>Aaron Sheehan-Dean</strong>, Louisiana State University
- Author(s)Associate Professor and Chair Department of History Janette Thomas Greenwood,Associate Professor and Chair of History John Bezis-Selfa,Associate Professor of History Andrew Kirk,Associate Professor of History and the Director of the Rosenfield Program Sarah J Purcell,Eberly Professor of Civil War Studies Aaron Sheehan-Dean,Of Arts and Sciences Professor of Distinction of History and International Affairs Robert Schulzinger,Regents Professor of History Michael Schaller
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width168 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.