Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionSloan has undertaken to fill a long-standing gap in the study of journalism history. He has compiled a comprehensive antated bibliography of works pertaining to United States journalism history from colonial to contemporary times. Some 2,600 separate entries provide information on dissertations, articles, mographs, books and reference materials published between 1810 and 1988...Overall this is a useful, stimulating volume that pulls together a diverse collection of materials. It should enrich the teaching and writing of journalism history. American Journalism The history of the American news media has been a popular subject with journalists, popular writers, and historians since the early years of the Republic, and it continues to attract widespread interest. Until w, however, complete bibliography of these historical materials has been available. This comprehensive work provides access to the existing literature on all types of journalism from newspapers to television. In his introduction, Sloan reviews the different approaches to journalism history that have characterized writing in the field. The bibliography is divided by historical period and general theme into 16 sections. Carefully antated, it presents concise summaries and bibliographic information for some 2,600 articles, books, research guides, and reference works published between 1810 and 1988. More than 100 journals are included. Cross-referencing and a detailed index will help the reader locate materials on specific topics as well as those with wider application. An invaluable tool for historians and other scholars engaged in research, this book will also serve as a useful reference for courses in mass communications and the history of journalism.
- Author BiographyWM. DAVID SLOAN is Associate Professor of Journalism at the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. He is the editor of Pulitzer Prize Editorials: America's Best Editorial Writing, 1917-1979 (1980), The Best of Pulitzer Prize News Writing (1986), and the history journal American Journalism and co-author of Historical Methods in Mass Communication (1989).
- Author(s)William David Sloan
- Date of Publication24/04/1989
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Mass Media & Communications
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight686 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.