CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionLearn the philosophy, techniques, drills and teaching template of the Krav Maga system developed by the United States Krav Maga Association. See why everyday people as well as military personnel and law enfrocement members flock to this easy to remember, easy to learn and effective self defense system. Written by third degree black belt and USKMA lead instructor Mark Slane. This is t just the complete levels one through five curriculum but a complete guide to learning as well as teaching the system of American Krav Maga.
- Author BiographyIn 1999 Mark was a member of the very first group of outside instructors ever trained at the Krav Maga National Training Center in Los Angeles. He then went on to open one of the first half dozen Krav Maga schools in the United States. To become a black belt in Krav Maga is difficult. Prior to 2007, instructors who wished to become black belts must have been personally invited to test in Los Angeles by Krav Maga Worldwide. Krav Maga Worldwide tested, on average, only four or five black belts each year. Mark became a black belt in November of 2003, tested with the USKMA to Second Degree Black Belt in 2009 and to Third degree in 2012. Mark Slane has studied the martial arts for over twenty five years. Mark started his training in Tae Kwon Do and holds a fourth degree black belt in that art. In Olympic style Tae Kwon Do he won a national championship in sparring in the light weight division - 33 to 40 year old age group. He has taught martial arts to hundreds of students in various schools over the past twenty years and has coached and trained dozens of national medalists, national champions, U.S. team members and World medalists. Mark has also trained in boxing for several years with Olympic Gold Medalist, Jerry Page and has spent years studying Muay Thai, BJJ, and Mixed Martial Arts as well. Mark retired early from his firefighter/paramedic job to devote his life to making others safer. Mark founded the United States Krav Maga Association to spread Krav Maga throughout the U.S. the right way. No politics or egos...Just real world self defense training. Mark is also the author of Be Safe! Self Defense for Women and Krav Maga For Law Enforcement with Brannon Hicks. He lives in S. Carolina with his wife Tina and their son Shae. Mark can be contacted at Mark@uskma.com.
- Author(s)Mark Slane
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.